This guest post is written by my friend Kathy Howard, who is spearheading New Start 15. You’ll read more about it below, and then from me again later, but basically it’s a way to connect Christian women together this January to foster a desire for and a commitment to holiness.
I’ll be contributing to the “blog hop” with my own introductory post on January 1 and with another post that goes with the daily reading for January 21. I’m also going to participate myself! I’ll be using the daily Bible reading plan Jan. 5-22 and reading the devotional posts written by other bloggers that go with them (see links below). I hope you’ll join me! The daily readings start on January 5, but until then, read Kathy’s introductory post below, then check out the kick off posts by me and other bloggers on January 1.
Sometimes I wish life had an “undo” button. I could click it to magically erase the unkind words I blurted. Or wipe out my selfish behavior. Or eliminate that wrong decision. To “undo” all those things that brought unwanted consequences or now weigh heavy on my conscience.
Yep. In fact, sometimes it would be great to start over all together. To get a clean slate. To get a complete do-over.
Guess what? If you’re a Christian, that’s exactly what you got when you entered into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. And sister, if things have gotten a bit off track since then, it’s not too late to undo and start new. In fact, now is a great time for a NEW START.
If you’d like to “undo” a few things or even start new on a bigger scale, consider joining me for “New Start 15.” During January, a few friends and I will be leading a month-long journey into holiness. Together we’ll explore what it looks like to become a “new creation in Christ,” to practically live out the set-apart, holy life to which God calls us.
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 2:17, NIV
The “old” life looks like the world around us. And it’s burdened with the weight and consequences of worldly living. But the “new” life is radically different from the world, holy and set apart to God.
There is glorious freedom and joy in living a life of holiness. Freedom from the weight and consequences of sin. And joy in a deeper intimacy with our holy God.
Do you like the sound of freedom and joy? The chance for a New Start? Our God is the God of second chances, clean slates, and do-overs.
Participation in New Start 15 is simple. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Use the New Start 15 Bible Reading Plan in your personal quiet time January 5 – 23. (Free download)
- Like the New Start 15 Facebook group to keep up with daily devotional blog posts, get words of encouragement, and share thoughts from your own journey. (You can also download the New Start 15 bloggers list and schedule.)
- Follow the New Start 15 “blog hop” January 5-23 (weekdays only) as the New Start 15 team blogs about living the new, holy life in Christ. (List of New Start 15 Contributors)
- Check out the New Start 15 Resources List for books, Bible studies, blog posts, printables and more to help you on your journey.
- Invite your friends to join you in the New Start 15 journey by sending them the link to this post.
Do you long for deep intimacy with God? Do you desire for your life to please and glorify Him? Do you want your life to point others to Jesus? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then New Start 15 is for you! Join us in January as we dig into God’s Word to find out what He says about living the new, holy life in Christ.